It’s that time of week again! This week I’m reading The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. Or should I say devouring; I am kind of addicted. It’s description reminds me of the Night Circus in that it’s very lavish, lots of beautiful clothes, and the food. It’s as bad as reading Scarpetta. Anyway – on with the questions. As always, What I’m Reading Wednesday is hosted by It’s A Reading Thing.
How to participate:
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why/why not?
2. “I am young, and, therefore, I know my words only carry a certain weight with the world, but I do know enough to realise you cannot control the actions of others. You can only control what you do with yourself afterward.”
3. I’d love the dresses and the food but the murder and the assassins not so much. I like Shahrzad as well but her feelings for Khalid feel a bit rushed to me, and I’m 75% through. (Also, why would he marry her so quickly if he had no idea who she was or what her motives were?) Fingers crossed it all makes sense in the end…