As always, this meme is hosted by It’s a Reading Thing!
This week I’m reading A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler, which was on the Man Booker Prize Shortlist last year, and yet another impulse buy at Oxfam last week.
How to participate:
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
2. ‘He wasn’t planning to spend the night, he said. He was perfectly civil, though, and he took his leave without any suggestion of a scene.
Three years passed before they heard from him again.’ (p.34)
3. I don’t think I would really like to live as part of the Whitshank family, given that they seem like they have a lot of issues. I am really enjoying the book so far though and it’s had some really moving moments.
What are you reading? Have you read A Spool of Blue Thread? Tell me your thoughts!
Also don’t forget to vote in my Classics Challenge poll for March – ends midnight on the 1st of March!