As always, this meme is hosted by It’s a Reading Thing!
This week I’m reading, amongst other things, A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. I’ve been intending to read it for ages, since everyone I’ve asked has loved it, and a friend informed me that it a) didn’t really contain any romance, which is what made me apprehensive in the first place and b) was 99p on Kindle at the moment, so what did I have to lose? (Also, the cover art. I really hope I like this book so I can buy the paperback copy.)
How to participate:
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
2. “What could she summon, this gangly little human? She held both hands ceremoniously out before her, and Kell watched, half in curiosity and half in concern, as smoke plumed out between her fingers.” (p.34)
3. I supposed it would depend on which London it was, and given that I don’t know much about them yet (I had to skip ahead to get to 34%!) I can’t really make a judgement. If I had to, I’d say Red London, because at the moment it seems the most stable, but that’ll all probably go hectically wrong at some point. Also would I want to live in a world with magic – yes?
Let me know what you think in the comments! Did you enjoy this book? What London would you live in?